Proxy Falls Trail #3532
Beginning at Proxy Falls Trailhead, Proxy Falls Trail #3532 starts by heading west and immediately entering the Three Sisters Wilderness. The trail continues south over an old lava flow, then entering a mixed conifer forest. This loop trail meets 2 trail junctions before ending back at the Proxy Falls Trailhead. The trail at the western junction follows a short ridge to a viewpoint of Lower Proxy Falls. The trail at the eastern junction follows a creek bed uphill to the Upper Proxy Falls.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Access is dependent on McKenzie Highway (OR Hwy 242), which is closed in the winter. Check tripcheck.com for conditions.|
|Permit Info:||There are two types of entry permits required between June 15 and October 15 for entering the Three Sisters Wilderness from the Proxy Falls Trailhead.
|Closest Towns:||McKenzie Bridge, OR
|Passes:||A valid Recreation Pass is required at Proxy Falls Trailhead|
|Information Center:||McKenzie River Ranger Station|
- Proxy Falls Trailhead (fee site)
Travel loop as signed to help minimize trail congestion.
Picnic table at trailhead.
- Mt. Washington Wilderness
- Three Sisters Wilderness
- Alder Springs Campground
- Scott Lake Campground
- Dee Wright Observatory
- Pacific Crest Trail
Some steep pitches first half mile.
Alerts & Warnings
- ACTIVE FIRES: Petes Lake, Lookout, Bedrock, etc.
- FIRE CLOSURES: Wiley, Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Public Use Restrictions (Fire Restrictions) in Effect
- Prescribed burn planned in McKenzie this fall
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada for summer
- Road NF-1993 across Cougar Dam closed for construction June 5-Sept. 28, 2023