Clear Lake Loop Trail #4341
Beginning at its northern junction with the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail #3507, Clear Lake Loop Trail #4341 hugs the western edge of Clear Lake as it winds through old growth coniferous and deciduous forest.
The trail heads south to where it meets the Clear Lake Resort parking lot, becoming the road and continuing south through compound and returning to trail at a kiosk and covered sitting area at the south end of the compound.
The trail continues to wind along the western edge of Clear Lake, heading south to where it crosses the lake's outlet on a footbridge and ends at the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail #3507.
You can make a loop by hiking the McKenzie River Trail along the east side of Clear Lake where the trail passes Coldwater Cove Campground.
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Trail closed to Motorized Vehicles and Stock|
|Closest Towns:||McKenzie Bridge, OR|
|Water:||Potable water available at Coldwater Cove Campground and Clear Lake Resort.|
|Information Center:||McKenzie River Ranger Station|
NOTE: In the past, this trail was "Clear Lake Loop Trail #3507".
The west side of the loop trail has periodic closures to protect nesting Bald Eagles. Contact the ranger station for updates.
- Sahalie & Koosah Falls
- Ice Cap Creek Campground
- Lakes End Campground
- Olallie Campground
- Cold Water Cove Campground
- Mt. Washington Wilderness
Alerts & Warnings
- ACTIVE FIRES: Petes Lake, Lookout, Bedrock, etc.
- FIRE CLOSURES: Wiley, Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Public Use Restrictions (Fire Restrictions) in Effect
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada for summer
- Road NF-1993 across Cougar Dam closed for construction June 5-Sept. 28, 2023