Lawler Trail #3473
The trail climbs up past some very interesting rocky outcroppings, crosses young conifer stands before reaching the ridgeline. Along the ridge it leads to a large rocky knob with a great view. Look for rock pillars before it descends to cross Forest Road 213.
After crossing Forest Road 213, the trail climbs up and crosses Forest Road 542 and 543. Continue your climb to the ridgeline. The trail passes through young conifer stands before it skirts around the end of Forest Road 555.
From this point the easy grade goes on to join the Lone Wolf/ Patterson Mountain Trail. Turn left and proceed for approximately 0.5 miles to arrive at Forest Road 555 and the Lone Wolf/Patterson Mountain Trailhead.
General InformationGeneral Notes:
The road is blocked by a dirt slide about 0.75 miles from the lower trailhead. There is limited turn around space for passenger vehicles.
Access is from:
- Eula Ridge Trail
- Goodman Creek Trail
- Hardesty Trail
- LoneWolf/Patterson Mountain Trail
- Lost Creek Trail
- South Willamette Trail
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Wiley, Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- ACTIVE FIRES: Petes Lake, Lookout, Bedrock, etc.
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada for summer
- Road NF-1993 across Cougar Dam closed for construction June 5-Sept. 28, 2023