Gold Lake Sno-Park
Gold Lake Sno-park, located at milepost 61.5 on Oregon Highway 58, is the highest in elevation of all three Willamette Pass area Sno-parks and offers a small network of loop trails with easy access to two three-sided ski shelters (Westview and Bechtel) with wood stoves and sleeping lofts.
The Willamette Pass Ski Area has groomed cross country ski trails (check with Guest Services or the Nordic Center) and a corridor leading through the base of the ski area to the Pacific Crest Trail and Rosary Lakes area. A ski tour of approximately 4 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail (heading north from Willamette Pass) will lead the skilled and prepared backcountry skier to the Maiden Peak Shelter, a fully enclosed octagonal ski shelter that is free to the public.
- Restroom with vault toilet
- Warming cabin (which serves as a base for the Willamette Backcountry Ski Patrol)
- Food and telephone are located nearby at Willamette Pass Ski area.
Know Before You Go in Winter: Tips on how to plan ahead and prepare for your trip to ensure the best possible time for you and others who will be sharing the snow with you.
At a Glance
|During the winter (November-April) a Sno-Park permit is required.
|You will need a sno-park pass to park at the trailhead. Sno-park passes are sold by local vendors in Oakridge or on some weekends in the warming lodge in the parking lot. For a full list of vendors across Oregon, click here: https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/docs/sno_park_vendor_list.pdf
|Sno-Park Permit Required
|November 1 - April 30
|Middle Fork Ranger District
46375 Highway 58
Westfir, OR 97492
General InformationGeneral Notes:
Snow level information: Cascade Summit Snotel
About 30 miles east of Oakridge, OR at milepost 61.5 on Oregon Highway 58.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
XC Skiing/SnowshoeingRecreation areas with activity XC Skiing/Snowshoeing:
- Bechtel Snow Trail System
- CJ Way Snow Trail
- Gold Lake Road Snow Trail
- Maiden Lake Snow Trail
- Maiden Peak Loop Snow Trail
- Marilyn Lakes Loop Snow Trail
- Midnight Lake Snow Trail
- Pacific Crest Snow Trail Loop ~ North Side Hwy 58
- Pacific Crest Snow Trail ~ Hwy 58 - Pengra Pass
- Pengra Pass Loops Snow Trail
- Rosary Lakes Snow Trail
- South Waldo Shelter
- Taits Snow Trail
- Westview Snow Trail System
- Willamette Pass Tie-In Snow Trail