East Fork, Upper Trailhead
This trailhead provides access to:
See Trail page for more information.
At a Glance
|Permit Info:||There are two types of entry permits required between June 15 and October 15 for entering the Three Sisters Wilderness from this trailhead.
|Information Center:||McKenzie River Ranger Station|
From Blue River, OR, travel 4 miles east on Highway 126 and turn right onto Forest Road 19 (Aufderheide). Continue right at the Y junction for 3 miles to the top of Cougar Reservoir. At the reservoir, turn left across the dam onto Forest Road 1993 and continue up the road to a small parking area on the right (south) side of the road at East Fork, Upper Trailhead.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023
- Helicopter Operations Near McKenzie Bridge Oct. 19 - March 1
- Carmen Diversion Reservoir closed through 2023