Middle Fork Nat'l Recreation Trailhead: Road 2127
This trailhead provides access to the Middle Fork National Recreation Trail. See trail page for more information.
At a Glance
|Information Center:||Middle Fork Ranger Station|
From Oakridge, Oregon, travel east on Highway 58 for 2 miles to Kitson Springs County Road. Turn right and proceed on Kitson Springs County Road for 0.5 mile to Forest Road 21. Turn right and follow Forest Road 21 for 11 miles to Sand Prairie Campground to access the first trailhead.
Continue along Forest Road 21 for access to several more trailheads (identified by hiker symbol signs). These access points are:
- Near Forest Road 2120
- Junction of Forest Road 2127
- Junction of Forest Road 2133 / Forest Road 2134
- Junction of Forest Road 2143
- Junction of Forest Road 21-403 (near Indigo Springs Campground)
- Junction of Forest Road 2153-355
You can reach the uppper end of the trail from the Indigo / June Lakes Trailhead located at the Timpanogas Campground.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023
- Helicopter Operations Near McKenzie Bridge Oct. 19-Feb. 1
- Carmen Diversion Reservoir closed through 2023