Nasty Rock Trailhead
This trailhead provides access for Nasty Rock Trail #3356
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||5/13/2022: Site burnt over in Beachie Creek Fire. No site assessment possible due to safety hazards. Site hazards will be addressed in 2022 or 2023. See map of Beachie Creek and Lionshead Fire closure area.|
|Permit Info:||Wilderness Self-Issue Permit required for both day use and overnight stays from June 15 through October 15. Free permits are self-issued at the trailhead.|
Forest Road 2209
- Parking allowed only along the south shoulder within ¼ mile of the Opal Creek Trailhead and at the designated trailhead parking areas for Henline Falls, Henline Mountain and Nasty Rock Trailheads.
- 15 minute parking limit at the visitor information kiosk at the 2209/2207 road junction.
Forest Road 2207
- No parking along Road 2207 between the junction with Road 2209 and the Shady Cove Bridge.
- No parking along the south side of Road 2207 between Shady Cove Bridge and the eastern Opal Creek SRA boundary. Parking on the north shoulder allowed.
- Access into existing dispersed or undeveloped campsites open for parking, camping and day use.
From Salem, Oregon travel east on Highway 22 to milepost 23. Turn left onto North Fork Road at the Oregon Department of Forestry office location just outside of Mehama, Oregon. Travel 20 miles. Trailhead is on the left, parking is across the road.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information