Maxwell Butte Trailhead
At a Glance
|Permit Info:||There are two types of entry permits required between June 15 and October 15 for entering the Mt. Jefferson Wilderness from this trailhead:
|Information Center:||Detroit Ranger Station|
From Detroit, Oregon, follow Highway 22 east for 31 miles to Maxwell Sno-Park parking lot, take Forest Road 080 at end of parking lot for 1 mile to Maxwell Butte Trailhead.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- ACTIVE FIRES: Petes Lake, Lookout, Bedrock, etc.
- FIRE CLOSURES: Wiley, Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Public Use Restrictions (Fire Restrictions) in Effect
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada for summer
- Road NF-1993 across Cougar Dam closed for construction June 5-Sept. 28, 2023