Lava Lake Sno-Park
Located about four miles west of Santiam Junction on U.S. Highway 20, Lava Lake Sno-Park is lightly used. There are three loop routes open to cross-country skiers and snowshoers, and some shared use with snowmobile trails. The loops are mostly easy, but there are some challenging spots. One loop option takes you down to Lava Lake.
Know Before You Go in Winter: Tips on how to plan ahead and prepare for your trip to ensure the best possible time for you and others who will be sharing the snow with you.
At a Glance
|Permit Info:||Sno-Park Permit Required|
|Closest Towns:||Sweet Home, OR|
|Information Center:||Sweet Home Ranger District
4431 Highway 20
Sweet Home, OR 97386
McKenzie River Ranger District
57600 McKenzie Hwy
McKenzie Bridge, OR 97413
General InformationGeneral Notes:
Snow level information: Santiam Junction Snotel
From Sweet Home, Oregon, travel east on Highway 20 for 44 miles to the junction with Lava Lake Road (Forest Service Road 2067).
Turn left onto Forest Service Road 2067. The parking lot is on the left.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
XC Skiing/SnowshoeingRecreation areas with activity XC Skiing/Snowshoeing:
- Lava Flats Loop Snow Trail
- Lava Lake Loop Snow Trail
- Lava Lake Sno-Park (Snowmobile Trails)
- Lava Lake West Snow Trail
- Pumice Loop Snow Trail
SnowmobilingRecreation areas with activity Snowmobiling:
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023
- Helicopter Operations Near McKenzie Bridge Oct. 19-Feb. 1
- Carmen Diversion Reservoir closed through 2023