John M. Chase
Portland, OR 97205-3028
- Forest landscape change detection
- Landscape characterization and mapping
- Inventory and monitoring techniques
- Visualization of geospatial information
- Sustainable natural resource stewardship
- Human and landscape interactions
- Portland State University, Bachelor Of Science, Geography,
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor Of Arts, English Literature,
- Portland State University, Master Of Science, Geography,
- Member, Association of Pacific Coast Geographers, 1998 - Current
- Member, Oregon Academy of Science, 1998 - Current
2016-17 FIA Director's Award for Excellence, 2017
For contributions to the national Digital Engagement Team to develop and deliver FIA’s data, information, and knowledge using new tools to convey stories with spatial analysis through user-friendly digital science delivery.
- Bansal, Sheel; Brodie, Leslie; Stanton, Sharon; Waddell, Karen; Palmer, Marin; Christensen, Glenn; Kuegler, Olaf; Chase, John; Thompson, Joel; Jovan, Sarah; Gray, Andrew; Todd, Morgan. 2017. Oregon s forest resources, 2001 2010: ten-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report
- Koch, Frank H.; Prestemon, Jeff; Donovan, Geoffrey H.; Hinkley, Everett A.; Chase, John M.. 2016. Predicting cannabis cultivation on national forests using a rational choice framework
- Goeking, Sara A.; Liknes, Greg C.; Lindblom, Erik; Chase, John; Jacobs, Dennis M.; Benton, Robert. 2012. A GIS-based tool for estimating tree canopy cover on fixed-radius plots using high-resolution aerial imagery
- Donovan, Geoffrey H.; Michael, Yvonne L.; Butry, David T.; Sullivan, Amy D.; Chase, John M.. 2012. Correspondence: comment on Green Space, health inequality, and pregnancy.
- Donovan, Geoffrey H.; Michael, Yvonne L.; Butry, David T.; Sullivan, Amy D.; Chase, John M.. 2011. Urban trees and the risk of poor birth outcomes
Daniels, J.M., Robbins, A.S.T., Brinkley, W. R., Wolf, K. L., and Chase, J. M. 2014. Toward estimating the value of stewardship volunteers: A cost-based valuation approach in King County, Washington, USA. Urban Forestry and Greening. 13:2, 285-289.
- Chase, John M. Forests of Oregon, 2014. 2016. An interactive overview of Oregon's forests based on summarized forest resource information collected and compiled by the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program, Pacific Northwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service. ArcGIS online map journal: https://usfs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=e19f83db5d4c4442bd59c1258c2b558f