Skip to Main Content
Manager's handbook for northern hardwoods in the north-central states.Author(s): Carl H. Tubbs
Source: General Technical Report NC-39. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.63 MB)
DescriptionProvides a key for the resource manager to use in choosing silvicultural practices for the management of northern hardwoods. Control of stand composition, growth, and stand establishment for timber production, water, wildlife, and recreation are discussed.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTubbs, Carl H. 1977. Manager''s handbook for northern hardwoods in the north-central states. General Technical Report NC-39. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsLake States, silviculture, timber management, forest management
- Manager's handbook for jack pine in the north central states.
- Manager's handbook for red pine in the north-central states.
- Manager's handbook for aspen in the north-central states.
XML: View XML