Skip to Main Content
FIREFAMILY: Fire planning with historic weather data.Author(s): William A. Main; Robert J. Straub; Donna M. Paananen
Source: General Technical Report NC-73. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (6.43 MB)
DescriptionThis user's guide will help fire managers interpret the output from FIREFAMILY, a computer program that uses historic weather data for fire planning. The guide describes options within the program and explains various tables and graphs necessary for planning. It also provides details which computer specialists need to run the program.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMain, William A.; Straub, Robert J.; Paananen, Donna M. 1982. FIREFAMILY: Fire planning with historic weather data. General Technical Report NC-73. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsfire weather, fire danger, National Fire-Danger Rating System
- FIREFAMILY 1988.
- NFDRSPC: The National Fire-Danger Rating System on a Personal Computer
- FireFamily Plus user's guide, Version 2.0
XML: View XML