Skip to Main Content
Stereo photos for evaluating jack pine slash fuels.Author(s): Richard W. Blank
Source: General Technical Report NC-77. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.84 MB)
DescriptionDescribes a quick, visual method for estimating jack pine logging residue and other fuels. The method uses a series of large color photographs and stereo pairs as well as data sheets that detail size classes and loadings of the logging slash and other fuels.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlank, Richard W. 1982. Stereo photos for evaluating jack pine slash fuels. General Technical Report NC-77. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsresidue management, stereo photos, slash loadings, fuel loadings, planar intersect sampling method, prescribed burn
- Forest floor fuels in red and jack pine stands
- Geographic variation of jack pine (Pinus banksiana Lamb.)
- Silvical characteristics of Jeffrey pine
XML: View XML