Skip to Main Content
Estimating economic impacts of timber-based industry expansion in northeastern Minnesota.Author(s): Daniel L. Erkkila; Dietmar W. Rose; Allen L. Lundgren
Source: General Technical Report NC-82. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (3.57 MB)
DescriptionAnalysis of current and projected timber supplies in northeastern Minnesota indicates that expanded timber-based industrial activity could be supported. The impacts of a hypothetical industrial development scenario, including construction of waferboard plants and a wood-fueled power plant, were estimated using an input-output model. Development had noticeable impacts on the study area economy, e.g., regional employment and gross output.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationErkkila, Daniel L.; Rose, Dietmar W.; Lundgren, Allen L. 1982. Estimating economic impacts of timber-based industry expansion in northeastern Minnesota. General Technical Report NC-82. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsinput-output model, development scenarios, timber supply, inventory projection
- The timber industries of New Hampshire and Vermont: a periodic assessment of timber output
- Ohio timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- Maine timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
XML: View XML