Skip to Main Content
User's guide to calculating rate of fire spread by hand-held calculator.Author(s): James E. Eenigenburg
Source: General Technical Report NC-89. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.45 MB)
DescriptionPresents TI-59 programs that use fire arrival times to calculate the rate and direction of spread of a fire across a triangular or square plot.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEenigenburg, James E. 1983. User''s guide to calculating rate of fire spread by hand-held calculator. General Technical Report NC-89. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsprograms, plot, vector, wildfire, prescribed burn
- Computer Calculation of Fire Danger
- Calculating Payload for a Tethered Balloon System
- National database for calculating fuel available to wildfires
XML: View XML