Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Forest statistics of the United States, 1992 metric units.Author(s): W. Brad Smith; Joanne L. Faulkner; Douglas S. Powell
Source: General Technical Report NC-168. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (852.49 KB)
DescriptionThe 1987 Resources Planning Act (RPA) Assessment was conducted to provide current information on the nation's forests. Resource tables present estimates of forest area, volume, mortality, growth, removals, and timber products output in various ways, such as by ownership, region, or state. Statistics are provided in a metric format for international use.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSmith, W. Brad; Faulkner, Joanne L.; Powell, Douglas S. 1994. Forest statistics of the United States, 1992 metric units. General Technical Report NC-168. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsRPA, assessment, inventory, forest statistics, area, volume, metric, trends
- Forest Resources of the United States, 1997, METRIC UNITS.
- Forest Resources of the United States, 2002
- Forest Resources of the United States, 1997
XML: View XML