Skip to Main Content
Information about old growth for selected forest type groups in the eastern United States.Author(s): Lucy E. Tyrrell; Gregory J. Nowacki; David S. Buckley; Elizabeth A. Nauertz; Jeffrey N. Niese; Jeanette L. Rollinger; John C. Zasada; John C. Zasada
Source: General Technical Report NC-197. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 507 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (14.89 MB)
DescriptionCompiles information about old-growth attributes for nine forest type groups that occur in the eastern United States. A range of values for each old-growth attribute for each forest type is summarized regionally from published and unpublished sources.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTyrrell, Lucy E.; Nowacki, Gregory J.; Buckley, David S.; Nauertz, Elizabeth A.; Niese, Jeffrey N.; Rollinger, Jeanette L.; Crow , Thomas S.; Zasada, John C. 1998. Information about old growth for selected forest type groups in the eastern United States. General Technical Report NC-197. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsold growth, old-growth forest, forest structure, coarse woody debris
- Characteristics of remnant old-growth forests in the northern Coast Range of Oregon and comparison to surrounding landscapes.
- Old growth in northwestern California national forests.
- Old-growth forests in the Sierra Nevada: by type in 1945 and 1993 and ownership in 1993.
XML: View XML