Skip to Main Content
Tree seedling reponses to wastewater irrigation on a reforested old field in southern Michigan.Author(s): D.G. Brockway
Source: In: D Itri, F.M. (ed.), Land Treatment of Municipal Wastewater: Vegetation Selection and Management.Ann Arbor Science Publishers, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Pp. 165-179.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (145 KB)
DescriptionIn recent years, the number of municipal wastewater irrigation projects utilizing forest ecosystems for nutrient recycling and groundwater recharge has continued to grow. Land managers involved with these projects have, in the same time period, increased their demand for scientific data which better defines the capabilities and limitations of various forest species-site combinations. Smith and Evans (1977) suggested that an initial step in planning for wastewater recycling in forests was to assess the species ecological requirements in terms of water and nutrients.Identifying forest species adapted to the moisture and nutrient regimen.provided by wastewater irrigation upon a specific type of forest site is a prerequisite to sound irrigation project management.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrockway, D.G. 1982. Tree seedling reponses to wastewater irrigation on a reforested old field in southern Michigan. In: D Itri, F.M. (ed.), Land Treatment of Municipal Wastewater: Vegetation Selection and Management.Ann Arbor Science Publishers, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Pp. 165-179.
- Dynamics of Municipal Wastewater Renovation in a Young Conifer-Hardwood Plantation in Michigan
- Municipal wastewater renovation, growth and nutrient uptake in an immature conifer-hardwood plantation
- Effects of irrigating poplar energy crops with landfill leachate on soil micro- and meso-fauna
XML: View XML