Skip to Main Content
Indiana saw log production and sawmill industry, 1971.Author(s): James E. Blyth; Donald H. McGuire
Source: Resource Bulletin NC-20. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.48 MB)
DescriptionShows Indiana saw log production by species and state of destination in 1971, and saw log receipts in Indiana by species, state of origin, and survey unit. Comparisons with similar data in 1966 are made and reasons for changes in production and receipts are given. Lumber market conditions and sawmill size and locations are discussed. Gives the volume and wood and bark residue produced at Indiana sawmills in 1981 by type of use, by county, and by softwoods and hardwoods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlyth, James E.; McGuire, Donald H. 1974. Indiana saw log production and sawmill industry, 1971. Resource Bulletin NC-20. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsreceipts, wood residue, bark markets, county
- Indiana timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use.
- Indiana timber industry: an assessment of timber product output and use, 2008
- Indiana timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
XML: View XML