Skip to Main Content
Minnesota's tax-forfeited land: some trends in acreages, sales, and prices.Author(s): David C. Lothner; Edwin Kallio; David T. Davis
Source: Resource Bulletin NC-37. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.03 MB)
DescriptionThe area of tax-forfeited land that is county-administered in Minnesota is currently estimated at almost 2.9 million acres--a decrease of about 17% since the mid-1960's. This decrease is the result of a change in land sales, land forfeitures, and other land transfers. Not only have land sales decreased since the early 1960's, but also less land has been forfeited back to the counties. Although the tax-forfeited acreage sold increased each year, the value of the land sold increased dramatically--from $6.33 per acre in 1960 to nearly $70.00 per acre in 1974.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLothner, David C.; Kallio, Edwin; Davis, David T. 1978. Minnesota''s tax-forfeited land: some trends in acreages, sales, and prices. Resource Bulletin NC-37. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordscounties, land use, forest land, forfeitures
- Minnesota's tax-forfeited land: some trends in timber harvested and stumpage prices.
- Criterion 6, indicator 40 : distribution of revenues derived from forest management
- Hardwood timber sales on state forests in Indiana: characteristics influencing costs and prices
XML: View XML