Skip to Main Content
Iowa's forest resources, 1974.Author(s): John S. Jr. Spencer; Pamela J. Jakes
Source: Resource Bulletin NC-52. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (6.0 MB)
DescriptionThe second inventory of Iowa's forest resources shows big declines in commercial forest area and in growing-stock and sawtimber volumes between 1954 and 1974. Presented are text and statistics on forest area and timber volume, growth, mortality, ownership, stocking, future timber supply, timber use, forest management opportunities, and nontimber resources.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpencer, John S. Jr.; Jakes, Pamela J. 1980. Iowa's forest resources, 1974. Resource Bulletin NC-52. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordstimber volume, growth, utilization, forest areas
- Timber resource statistics of the northern interior resource area of California.
- Timber in Missouri, 1972.
- Wisconsin's 1968 timber resource--a perspective.
XML: View XML