Skip to Main Content
Timber resource of the Indiana Knobs Unit, 1986.Author(s): Mark H. Hansen; Mark F. Golitz
Source: Resource Bulletin NC-104. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (9.36 MB)
DescriptionThe third inventory of Indiana's timber resource shows that commercial forest area in the Knobs Unit decreased less than 2% between 1967 and 1986, from 1,769 to 1,741 thousand acres. During the same period growing-stock volume increased 33%. Highlights and statistics are presented on area, volume, growth, mortality, and removals.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHansen, Mark H.; Golitz, Mark F. 1988. Timber resource of the Indiana Knobs Unit, 1986. Resource Bulletin NC-104. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsarea, volume, growth, mortality, removals
- Timber Resource of Wisconsin's Northeast Survey Unit, 1983.
- Indiana forest statistics.
- Timber resource of Missouri's Riverborder.
XML: View XML