Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Minnesota timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1992.Author(s): Ronald L. Hackett; Richard A. Dahlman
Source: Resource Bulletin NC-186. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (3.39 MB)
DescriptionIn 1992, volume of industrial roundwood products removed from Minnesota's forest totaled 392 million cubic feet--14% more than in 1990. Mill byproducts generated from primary manufacturers decreased 2% to 1,595 thousand tons, green weight. Almost all plant residues were used, primarily for fuel and fiber products. Pulpwood was the leading roundwood product at 203 million cubic feet, saw logs ranked second at 59 million cubic feet, and veneer logs were third with 3 million cubic feet. The number of primary processing mills increased from 572 in 1990 to 596 in 1992. Total receipts increased 13% to 264 million cubic feet.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHackett, Ronald L.; Dahlman, Richard A. 1997. Minnesota timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1992. Resource Bulletin NC-186. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsroundwood, pulpwood, saw logs, veneer logs, residues
- Georgia's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
- Virginia's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
- Florida's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
XML: View XML