Skip to Main Content
Lumber grade-yields for factory-grade northern red oak sawlogsAuthor(s): James G. Schroeder; Leland F. Hanks
Source: Research Note NE-65. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 7p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (223.11 KB)
DescriptionA report on results of sawing 556 northern red oak sawlogs at four sawmills in West Virginia and Virginia, and the distribution of grades for the standard factory lumber produced. Tabular data on actual yield and curved grade-yield percentages.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchroeder, James G.; Hanks, Leland F. 1967. Lumber grade-yields for factory-grade northern red oak sawlogs. Research Note NE-65. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 7p.
- Multivariate regression model for predicting lumber grade volumes of northern red oak sawlogs
- Product recovery from tree grade 1 northern red oak on Menominee tribal lands
- Visual Grading and Quality of 1-0 Northern Red Oak Seedlings
XML: View XML