Skip to Main Content
Measurement of acid precipitation in NorwayAuthor(s): Arne Semb
Source: In: Dochinger, L. S.; Seliga, T. A., eds. Proceedings of the first international symposium on acid precipitation and the forest ecosystem; Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-23. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 119-129
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (307.4 KB)
DescriptionSince January 1972, chemical analysis of daily precipitation samples from about 20 background stations in Norway has been carried out on a routine basis. Air monitoring is carried out at six stations. The chemical analysis programme is: sulphate, pH and acidity in precipitation, sulphates and sulphur dioxide in air. In addition, more detailed chemical analysis of aerosol and precipitation has been carried out at selected stations. Some results for the measurement period 1972-1974 are presented. Comparison of air and precipitation concentrations of sulphur compounds show that the precipitation scavenging efficiency is very high under the conditions in Southern Norway.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSemb, Arne. 1976. Measurement of acid precipitation in Norway. In: Dochinger, L. S.; Seliga, T. A., eds. Proceedings of the first international symposium on acid precipitation and the forest ecosystem; Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-23. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 119-129
- Organization of long range transport of air pollution monitoring in Europe
- Acid precipitation and forest soils
- Acid precipitation in Canada
XML: View XML