Skip to Main Content
A computer program for evaluating long-term forestry investments.Author(s): Dennis L. Schweitzer; Allen L. Lundgren; Robert F. Wambach
Source: Research Paper NC-10. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (6.94 MB)
DescriptionDescribes a computer program, written in FORTRAN, which has been developed to assist in evaluating long-term forestry investments. A series of discount rates are used to calculate the internal rate of return and discounted costs, incomes, and net worth for any investments specified by the user. The features of the program are illustrated and discussed in detail, and all technical documentation is included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchweitzer, Dennis L.; Lundgren, Allen L.; Wambach, Robert F. 1967. A computer program for evaluating long-term forestry investments. Research Paper NC-10. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsFORTRAN, computer program, forestry investments
- JEFI: a cash flow analysis program (Version 3.0 for Windows). [Computer program].
- Ranking independent timber investments by alternative investment criteria
- COMPARE : a method for analyzing investment alternatives in industrial wood and bark energy systems
XML: View XML