Skip to Main Content
Aspen wood characteristics, properties and uses: a review of recent literature.Author(s): Fred M. Lamb
Source: Research Paper NC-13. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.59 MB)
DescriptionSummarizes information on wood properties and uses of quaking aspen from recent literature. Includes current data on the growth and production of aspen in the Lake States. Outlines additional research needs concerning aspen wood properties and uses.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLamb, Fred M. 1967. Aspen wood characteristics, properties and uses: a review of recent literature. Research Paper NC-13. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsaspen, wood properties, wood uses, literature review
- Wood properties of trembling aspen and paper birch after 5 years of exposure to elevated concentrations of CO2 and O3
- Modeling hygroelastic properties of genetically modified aspen
- Decay of aspen in Colorado
XML: View XML