Skip to Main Content
Paper birch, its characteristics, properties, and uses: a review of recent literature.Author(s): Matti J. Hyvarinen
Source: Research Paper NC-22. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.49 MB)
DescriptionReviews information on paper birch resources, silvics, wood quality, properties, and uses; makes recommendations for further research; includes 49 literature citations.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHyvarinen, Matti J. 1968. Paper birch, its characteristics, properties, and uses: a review of recent literature. Research Paper NC-22. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordspaper birch, silvics, wood quality, wood properties, wood use
- Decomposition of Betula papyrifera leaf litter under the independent and interactive effects of elevated CO2 and O3
- Impacts of elevated atmospheric CO2 and O3 on Paper Birch (Betula papyrifera): reproductive fitness
- Evaluation of the retail market potential for locally produced paper birch lumber in Alaska.
XML: View XML