Skip to Main Content
The impact of estimation errors on evaluations of timber production opportunities.Author(s): Dennis L. Schweitzer
Source: Research Paper NC-43. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.18 MB)
DescriptionErrors in estimating costs and return, the timing of harvests, and the cost of using funds can greatly affect the apparent desirability of investments in timber production. Partial derivatives are used to measure the impact of these errors on the predicted present net worth of potential investments in timber production. Graphs that illustrate the impact of each type of estimation error and a computer routine to perform the necessary computations are included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchweitzer, Dennis L. 1970. The impact of estimation errors on evaluations of timber production opportunities. Research Paper NC-43. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsestimation errors, timber production evaluation
- A Computer Program to Evaluate Timber Production Investments Under Uncertainty
- The genetic and economic effect of preliminary culling in the seedling orchard
- Woody biomass supply from thinnings to reduce fire hazard in the U.S. West and its potential impact on regional wood markets
XML: View XML