Skip to Main Content
A water curtain for controlling experimental forest fires.Author(s): Von J. Johnson
Source: Research Paper NC-48. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.78 MB)
DescriptionDescribes the components, assembly, and performance of a high-capacity water pumping and distributing system developed for control of intensely burning experimental fires in northeastern forests.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Von J. 1970. A water curtain for controlling experimental forest fires. Research Paper NC-48. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsfire control, experimental forest fires, water curtain
- Analysis of USDA Forest Service fire-related expenditures 1970-1995
- Long-term, landscape patterns of past fire events in a montane ponderosa pine forest of central Colorado
- Sustainability and wildland fire: The origins of Forest Service Wildland Fire Research
XML: View XML