Skip to Main Content
Mean precipitation-hours for the conterminous United States.Author(s): Donald A. Haines
Source: Research Paper NC-98. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.98 MB)
DescriptionExamines aspects of precipitation-hours per unit time. Presents nationwide patterns of mean precipitation-hours per month as well as precipitation-hours per precipitation-day.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaines, Donald A. 1973. Mean precipitation-hours for the conterminous United States. Research Paper NC-98. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsprecipitation duration, gamma probability function, fire danger rating, fire weather
- Moisture content calculations for 1000-hour timelag fuels
- Calculating moisture content for 1000-hour timelag fuels in western Washington and western Oregon.
- Time and materials needed to survey, inject systemic fungicides, and install root-graft barriers for Dutch elm disease management
XML: View XML