Skip to Main Content
Sugar Maple: tree and bole weights, volumes, centers of gravity, and logging residue.Author(s): H.M. Steinhilb; Sharon A. Winsauer
Source: Research Paper NC-132. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1021.7 KB)
DescriptionPresents weights, volumes, centers of gravity, and amount of residue for sugar maple trees and boles. Data may be useful to field foresters and equipment design engineers.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSteinhilb, H.M.; Winsauer, Sharon A. 1976. Sugar Maple: tree and bole weights, volumes, centers of gravity, and logging residue. Research Paper NC-132. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsAcer saccharum, sugar maple, mechanization, skidding, loading, harvesting
- Field identification of birdseye in sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
- Defect indicators in sugar maple--a photographic guide.
- Estimating sugar maple bark thickness and volume.
XML: View XML