Skip to Main Content
Equations for estimating stand establishment, release, and thinning costs in the Lake States.Author(s): Jeffrey T. Olson; Allen L. Lundgren; Dietmar Rose
Source: Research Paper NC-163. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.12 MB)
DescriptionEquations for estimating project costs for certain silvicultural treatments in the Lake States have been developed from project records of public forests. Treatments include machine site preparation, hand planting, aerial spraying, prescribed burning, manual release, and thinning.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOlson, Jeffrey T.; Lundgren, Allen L.; Rose, Dietmar. 1978. Equations for estimating stand establishment, release, and thinning costs in the Lake States. Research Paper NC-163. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordscost equations, site preparation, planting, prescribed burning, release, thinning
- A guide to forestry investment analysis.
- Winter variation in physiological status of cold stored and freshly lifted semi-evergreen quercus nigra seedlings
- Comparing cold-stored and freshly lifted water oak (Quercus nigra) seedlings based on physiological parameters
XML: View XML