Skip to Main Content
Taxation of forest and associated land in Illinois.Author(s): David C. Baumgartner; Ronald I. Beazley
Source: Research Paper NC-165. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.71 MB)
DescriptionAnalyzes the operation and impact of the property tax on forest and associated land in Illinois and evaluates the potential of adjustments in the tax as an incentive to better management of forest and associated land.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBaumgartner, David C.; Beazley, Ronald I. 1979. Taxation of forest and associated land in Illinois. Research Paper NC-165. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsproperty tax, valuation, assessment, yield tax, "time bias"
- The Effects of the Federal Estate Tax on Nonindustrial Private Landowners
- Family forest owners and federal taxes
- An analysis of PILT-related payments and likely property tax liability of Federal resource management lands
XML: View XML