Skip to Main Content
A two-plane internally irrigated root observation system for forest nursery stock.Author(s): Paul S. Johnson; Charles W. Putnam; William G. Mares
Source: Research Paper NC-197. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.18 MB)
DescriptionA root observation chamber designed for forest nursery stock is described. The chamber consists of lower root observation section and a detachable upper "planter" section, both constructed of plexiglass and wood; the lower section is internally irrigated by a porous irrigation tube and the upper section by a "leader tube."
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Paul S.; Putnam, Charles W.; Mares, William G. 1981. A two-plane internally irrigated root observation system for forest nursery stock. Research Paper NC-197. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsroot chamber, root growth, root regeneration, rhizotron
- Spatial and temporal patterns of root distribution in developing stands of four woody crop species grown with drip irrigation and fertilization
- Clonal Variation in Lateral and Basal Rooting of Populus Irrigated with Landfill Leachate
- Origin of adventitious roots in black walnut (Juglans nigra) softwood cuttings rooted under optimized conditions in a fog chamber
XML: View XML