Skip to Main Content
A program and documentation for simulation of grapple skidders and a whole-tree chipper.Author(s): Sharon A. Winsauer
Source: Research Paper NC-221. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.97 MB)
DescriptionPresents a computer model written in GPSS (General Purpose Simulation System) designed to simulate a skidding-chipping operation.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWinsauer, Sharon A. 1982. A program and documentation for simulation of grapple skidders and a whole-tree chipper. Research Paper NC-221. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsGPSS, General Purpose Simulation System, computer, harvesting, productivity, modeling
- Latin hypercube sampling and geostatistical modeling of spatial uncertainty in a spatially explicit forest landscape model simulation
- Modeling and simulating two cut-to-length harvesting systems in central Appalachian hardwoods
- Physics-based simulations of the impacts forest management practices have on hydrologic response
XML: View XML