Skip to Main Content
Estimating stump volume.Author(s): Gerhard K. Raile
Source: Research Paper NC-224. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (680.7 KB)
DescriptionEquations are presented that predict diameter inside and outside bark for tree boles below 4.5 feet given d.b.h. These equations are modified and integrated to estimate stump volume. Parameters are presented for 22 Lake States species groups.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRaile, Gerhard K. 1982. Estimating stump volume. Research Paper NC-224. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordstaper model, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, biomass
- Predicting Diameter at Breast Height from Stump Diameters for Northeastern Tree Species
- Forest survey cubic-foot volume equations
- Box compression analysis of world-wide data spanning 46 years
XML: View XML