Skip to Main Content
Calculating competition in thinned northern hardwoods.Author(s): Sharon A. Winsauer; James A. Mattson
Source: Research Paper NC-306. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (1.16 MB)
DescriptionDescribes four methods of calculating competition to individual trees and compares their effectiveness in explaining the 3-year growth response of northern hardwoods after various mechanized thinning practices.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWinsauer, Sharon A.; Mattson, James A. 1992. Calculating competition in thinned northern hardwoods. Research Paper NC-306. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsgrowth modeling, area potentially available, crown release, competition index
XML: View XML