Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ouachita counties - 1988Author(s): F. Dee Hines
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-137. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 36 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (656 KB)
DescriptionTabulated results were derived from data obtained during a recent inventory of 10 counties comprising the Ouachita Unit of Arkansas. Data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a three-step process. A forest-nonforest classification using aerial photographs was accomplished for points representing approximately 230 acres. These photo classifications were adjusted based on ground observations at sample locations representing approximately 3,840 acres. Finally, field measurements were made at forest locations on the intersections of grid lines spaced 3 miles apart. At these forest locations, per-acre estimates were obtained from trees measured on ten 37.5 basal area factor prism points.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHines, F. Dee. 1988. Forest statistics for Arkansas'' Ouachita counties - 1988. Resour. Bull. SO-137. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 36 p.
- Forest statistics for Arkansas counties - 1988
- Forest statistics for Southwest Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest statistics for Mississippi counties - 1987
XML: View XML