Skip to Main Content
Indiana sawmills receive 232 million board feet of saw logs in 1966.Author(s): James E. Blyth
Source: Research Note NC-68 St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (704.15 KB)
DescriptionIndiana's 480 active sawmills received 232 million board feet of saw logs in 1966. More than one-quarter was red oak. Eighty-six of these mills each sawed more than one-million board feet. Of 1,100 mills active in 1949, only 30 sawed this much. Sixteen counties each produced more than 5 million board feet and collectively accounted for 47 percent of the lumber sawn in 1966.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlyth, James E. 1968. Indiana sawmills receive 232 million board feet of saw logs in 1966. Research Note NC-68 St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsIndiana, lumber, sawmills.
- Wisconsin timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1994.
- West Virginia timber product output, 2000
- Iowa Saw-Log Production and Sawmill Industry, 1969
XML: View XML