Skip to Main Content
The forest inventory and analysis database description and users manual version 1.0Author(s): Patrick D. Miles; Gary J. Brand; Carol L. Alerich; Larry F. Bednar; Sharon W. Woudenberg; Joseph F. Glover; Edward N. Ezell
Source: General Technical Report NC-218. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (450.06 KB)
DescriptionDescribes the structure of the Forest Inventory and Analysis Database (FIADB) and provides information on generating estimates of forest statistics from these data. The FIADB structure provides a consistent framework for storing forest inventory data across all ownerships across the entire United States. These data are available to the public.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiles, Patrick D.; Brand, Gary J.; Alerich, Carol L.; Bednar, Larry F.; Woudenberg, Sharon W.; Glover, Joseph F.; Ezell, Edward N. 2001. The forest inventory and analysis database description and users manual version 1.0. General Technical Report NC-218. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station
KeywordsPlot measurements, inventory methods, data processing, data management, information management systems.
- The Forest Inventory and Analysis Database Version 4.0: Database Description and Users Manual for Phase 3
- The Forest Inventory and Analysis Database: Database description and users manual version 4.0 for Phase 2
- Forest inventory and analysis data for FVS modelers
XML: View XML