Skip to Main Content
Soil sampler for rocky soils.Author(s): Felix Jr. Ponder; Darrell E. Alley
Source: Research Note NC-371. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (236.84 KB)
DescriptionDescribes a portable hand-operated sampler and extractor for extracting undisturbed soil cores from rocky soils.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPonder, Felix Jr.; Alley, Darrell E. 1997. Soil sampler for rocky soils. Research Note NC-371. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsForest soils, bulk density, soil sampling, root-soil-cores.
- Soil geomorphic classification, soil taxonomy, and effects on soil richness assessments
- Diurnal hysteresis between soil CO2 and soil temperature is controlled by soil water content
- Effect of soil compaction and biomass removal on soil CO2 efflux in a Missouri forest
XML: View XML