Skip to Main Content
Acid-catalyzed rearrangements of flavans to novelbenzofuran derivativesAuthor(s): Richard W. Hemingway; Weiling Peng; Anthony H. Conner; Petrus J. Steynberg; Jan P. Steynberg
Source: olyphenols Communications 98; XIXth international conference on polyphenols; volume 1; 1998 September 1-4; Lille, France.Bordeaux Cedex, France: Groupe Polyphenols: 191-192.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (95 KB)
DescriptionThe objective of this work was to define reactions that occur when proanthocyanidins and their derivatives are reacted in the presence of acid catalysts. Pure compounds (either as the free phenols, the methyl ether, or the methyl ether-acetate derivatives) were isolated by a variety of chromatographic methods. Proof of their structure was based mainly on 2D-NMR, as well as high-resolution MS and CD experiments. This publication summarizes some of the results of these experiments.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHemingway, Richard W.; Peng, Weiling; Conner, Anthony H.; Steynberg, Petrus J.; Steynberg, Jan P. 1998. Acid-catalyzed rearrangements of flavans to novelbenzofuran derivatives. olyphenols Communications 98; XIXth international conference on polyphenols; volume 1; 1998 September 1-4; Lille, France.Bordeaux Cedex, France: Groupe Polyphenols: 191-192.
- Conformation and Complexation of Tannins: NMR Spectra and Molecular Search Modeling of Flavan-3-ols
- Conformational analysis of oligomeric flavanoids
- Conformation analysis of oligomeric flavanoids
XML: View XML