Skip to Main Content
HOW to Release Crop Trees in Precommercial Hardwood StandsAuthor(s): Neil I. Lamson; H. Clay Smith; Arlyn W. Perkey; Brenda L. Wilkins
Source: Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Area State & Private Forestry.
Publication Series: Information Forestry
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.44 KB)
DescriptionCrop tree release is the selection and release of desirable trees by removing adjacent competing trees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLamson, Neil I.; Smith, H. Clay; Perkey, Arlyn W.; Wilkins, Brenda L. 1988. HOW to Release Crop Trees in Precommercial Hardwood Stands. NE-INF-90-88. [Radnor, PA]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Area State & Private Forestry
- Response of advance lodgepole pine regeneration to overstory removal in eastern Idaho
- Advance regeneration in the Inland West: Considerations for individual tree and forest health
- Effects of herbicide release on the growth of 8- to 12-year-old hardwood trees
XML: View XML