Skip to Main Content
Overview of the wood adhesives industry in ChinaAuthor(s): Chung-Yun Hse
Source: In:Christiansen, Alfred W.; Pilato, Louis A. International contributions to wood adhesion research; Proceedings no. 7267. Madison, WI: Forest Products Society: 48-51.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (76 KB)
DescriptionAdhesives products and demand for them in China are discussed in this paper, with special emphasis on wood adhesives products in this decade. In 1994, the wood industries in China consumed more than 330,000 tons of adhesives. The estimated demand for wood adhesives will be more than 560,000 tons in the year 2000. The main wood adhesive used is urea-formaldehyde resin. Its consumption in 1994 was approximately 90 percent of the total wood adhesives market. The production capacity of formaldehyde will continue to be the main factor affecting the growth of the wood adhesives industry
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHse, Chung-Yun. 1999. Overview of the wood adhesives industry in China. In:Christiansen, Alfred W.; Pilato, Louis A. International contributions to wood adhesion research; Proceedings no. 7267. Madison, WI: Forest Products Society: 48-51.
- Development and application of wood adhesives in China
- Wood adhesion and adhesives
- Wood Energy Potential in Northwestern South Carolina
XML: View XML