Skip to Main Content
An overview of silvicultural influences on loblolly pine veneer-basedpanel propertiesAuthor(s): Todd F. Shupe; Chung Y. Hse; Elvin T. Choong
Source: Timber and wood composites for the next century; Proceedings, international conference on effective utilization of plantation timber; 1999 May 21-23; Chi-Tou, Taiwan, R.O.C.: Forest Products Association of R.O.C., Bulletin No. 16: 22-25.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (188 KB)
DescriptionLoblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) harvested from five silviculturally different stands was used to manufacture 13-ply laminated veneer lumber (LVL) and 3-ply plywood. LVL panels were assembled as either all A-grade or all C-grade veneer. Plywood panels were produced according to four different veneer grade layups (AAA, ACA, ACC, and CCC). Many significant differences in modulus of elasticity (MOE) and modulus of rupture (MOR) were found to exist between the stands for both panel products. MOR significantly varied according to stand for both LVL but not plywood, and MOE varied significantly according to stand for plywood but not LVL.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationShupe, Todd F.; Hse, Chung Y.; Choong, Elvin T. 1999. An overview of silvicultural influences on loblolly pine veneer-basedpanel properties. Timber and wood composites for the next century; Proceedings, international conference on effective utilization of plantation timber; 1999 May 21-23; Chi-Tou, Taiwan, R.O.C.: Forest Products Association of R.O.C., Bulletin No. 16: 22-25.
- Effects Of Silvicultural Practice And Veneer Lay Upon Some Mechanical Properties Of Loblolly Pine Plywood
- Effects of silviculture practice and veneer layup on some mechanical properties of loblolly pine plywood
- Effect of silvicultural practice and wood type on loblolly pine particleboard and medium density fiberboard properties
XML: View XML