Skip to Main Content
Rate of Perimeter Increase Related to Timber Spread Index and Northeastern Fuel TypesAuthor(s): Nonan V. Noste
Source: Research Note NC-40. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (338.68 KB)
DescriptionGives the average rates of perimeter increase for fires in four broad fuel type groups by four spread index classes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNoste, Nonan V. 1967. Rate of Perimeter Increase Related to Timber Spread Index and Northeastern Fuel Types. Research Note NC-40. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsperimeter increase for fires, fuel
- A thermal comparison among several beverage can solar collectors.
- Managing mountain hardwoods - a ten-year appraisal
- Biomass estimation for five shrubs from northeastern Minnesota.
XML: View XML