Skip to Main Content
Buildup Index as an Expression of Moisture Content in DuffAuthor(s): Von J. Johnson
Source: Research Note NC-43. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (627.48 KB)
DescriptionThe relation between Buildup index and moisture content of grouped litter and duff samples from beneath four medium-site forest stands closely approximated the relation between Buildup index and moisture equivalent of 5-day timelag fuels having an equilibrium moisture content of 15 percent
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Von J. 1968. Buildup Index as an Expression of Moisture Content in Duff. Research Note NC-43. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordsbuildup index, moisture content
- Computer Calculation of Fire Danger
- An assessment of three measures of long-term moisture deficiency before critical fire periods.
- Prescribed burning weather in Minnesota.
XML: View XML