Skip to Main Content
A Computer Program to Evaluate Timber Production Investments Under UncertaintyAuthor(s): Dennis L. Schweitzer
Source: Research Note NC-65. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (806.07 KB)
DescriptionA computer program has been written in Fortran IV to calculate probability distributions of present worths of investments in timber production. Inputs can include both point and probabilistic estimates of future costs, prices, and yields. Distributions of rates of return can also be constructed.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchweitzer, Dennis L. 1968. A Computer Program to Evaluate Timber Production Investments Under Uncertainty. Research Note NC-65. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsComputer Program, Fortran, Timber Production
- Some bivariate distributions for modeling the strength properties of lumber
- Uncertainty estimation of the self-thinning process by Maximum-Entropy Principle
- Approaches to predicting potential impacts of climate change on forest disease: An example with Armillaria root disease
XML: View XML