Skip to Main Content
Using D.B.H. and Butt Log Quality to Estimate Tree Yields by Saw Log GradeAuthor(s): Matti J. Hyvarinen
Source: Research Note NC-67. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (462.65 KB)
DescriptionPresents a shortcut method of predicting sugar maple tree yields by saw log grade from d.b.h. and butt log grade.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHyvarinen, Matti J. 1968. Using D.B.H. and Butt Log Quality to Estimate Tree Yields by Saw Log Grade. Research Note NC-67. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordssugar maple, d.b.h., butt log grade
- Field identification of birdseye in sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
- Health of eastern North American sugar maple forests and factors affecting decline
- Sugar Maple: tree and bole weights, volumes, centers of gravity, and logging residue.
XML: View XML